The purpose of the Research Council is to advise the Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation on policies that encourage research, establish a research environment, and provide research support facilities; serve as a review board for proposed research programs and facilities; recommend adjudication of variances to policies and procedures; supervise the approved policies; and address research misconduct cases at the direction of the Vice Chancellor.
The Research Council is chaired by a faculty member on the council. The chair is elected by those faculty members on the council.
Members are selected by Faculty Senate’s Committee on Committees and serve a 3-year term.
Membership consists of two research-active faculty members (each) from:
- Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food, and Life Sciences;
- Sam M. Walton College of Business;
- College of Education and Health Professions;
- College of Engineering;
- J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences, the natural and physical sciences areas;
- J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences, research areas other than the natural and physical sciences;
- Fay Jones School of Architecture and design;
- University Libraries; and
- School of Law
Membership also includes:
- one student, non-voting
- Assistant Vice Chancellor for Sponsored Programs, ex officio and non-voting
- Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation, ex officio and non-voting
- Associate Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation, ex officio and non-voting
A secretary (non-voting) will be provided by the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation.
The RC meets monthly. The date and time is adjusted each semester to accommodate members' schedules.
Research Council is a Faculty Senate Committee. Additional information may be found at the Faculty Senate website at: https://facultysenate.uark.edu/senatecommittees.php