The purpose of the Research Council is to advise the Vice Provost for Research on policies that encourage research, establish a research environment, and provide research support facilities; serve as a review board for proposed research programs and facilities; recommend adjudication of variances to policies and procedures; supervise the approved policies; and address research misconduct cases at the direction of the Vice-Provost.
The Research Council is chaired by a faculty member on the council. The chair is elected by those faculty members on the council.
Members are selected by Faculty Senate’s Committee on Committees and serve a 3-year term.
Membership consists of two research-active faculty members (each) from:
- Dale Bumpers College of Agricultural, Food, and Life Sciences;
- Sam M. Walton College of Business;
- College of Education and Health Professions;
- College of Engineering;
- J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences, the natural and physical sciences areas;
- J. William Fulbright College of Arts and Sciences, research areas other than the natural and physical sciences;
- Fay Jones School of Architecture and design;
- University Libraries; and
- School of Law
Membership also includes:
- one student, non-voting
- Assistant Vice-Provost for Research and Sponsored Programs, ex officio and non-voting
- Vice Provost for Research and Innovation, ex officio and non-voting
- Associate Vice Provost for Research and Innovation, ex officio and non-voting
A secretary (non-voting) will be provided by the Office of the Vice-Provost for Research and Innovation.
The RC meets monthly. The date and time is adjusted each semester to accommodate members schedules.
Research Council is a Faculty Senate Committee. Additional information may be found at the Faculty Senate website at: https://facultysenate.uark.edu/senatecommittees.php