The Vice Chancellor for Research & Innovation for the University of Arkansas serves as the Chief Research Officer and reports to the Chancellor's office. The Office of Sponsored Programs, the Office of Research Integrity and Compliance, and the Office of Research Advancement report to the Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation.
The University of Arkansas Press also has reporting lines to the Division of Research and Innovation.
The mission of the Division of Research and Innovation is to support research, scholarship, and creative activities at the University of Arkansas. The office supports individual and collaborative research that helps fulfill the duties of a land-grant university to enrich the state and address global challenges.
The vision of the Division of Research and Innovation is to retain its status as an institution of the highest level of research activity according to the Carnegie Foundation and align the university's productivity, expertise, and reputation to be competitive with and potentially become a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU).
The Division of Research and Innovation is actively involved in creating an environment for research success through the following activities:
- SUPPORTING students, faculty, and staff pursuing research, scholarship, and creative activities in securing external funding with efficient and effective service.
- GUIDING students, faculty, and staff in following the highest ethical standards for research and professional conduct and securing intellectual property.
- DEVELOPING partnerships with regional, state, and national organizations to commercialize research, enrich society, and contribute to the marketplace of ideas.
- INNOVATING the culture of research at the University to promote creative activity, non-monetized scholarship, and inclusive pursuits as integral to the mission of a land-grant university.
- FACILITATING collaboration and interdisciplinary research within the university, regionally, and internationally with particular attention to lifting up diverse voices and ideas.
- PROMOTING research that involves the entire university community including undergraduates and graduate students from across disciplines, colleges, and backgrounds to foster student success and a vibrant scholarly community.