Committees & Councils
The Office of the Vice Provost for Research has various committees and councils that provide counsel and guidance on subjects related to research and innovation. The role of each committee and council is described below.
University Committees and Councils
Members of university committees are appointed by the Provost. Information about each committee as well as the current membership may be found on the Provost’s website.
- Institutional Biosafety Committee
- Institutional Review Board
- Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee
- Patent & Copyright Committee
- Radiation Safety Committee
- Toxic Substances Committee
Faculty Senate Committee
The Faculty Senate appoints the Research Council. Information on the Research Council may be found on the Faculty Senate web pages.
Vice Provost for Research Committees
The Vice Provost has several advisory committees that provide guidance on the operation of the VPR office. Those committees are:
- “Associate” Deans for Research
- Center and Institute Directors
- Research Administrators (RAP)
- Research Council