NSF FastLane & Research.gov Changes
Proposal Preparation and Submission Changes
Effective April 30th, NSF is launching the new Research.gov website for submission of full, research non-collaborative proposals (these proposals would include UofA Fayetteville personnel ONLY).
NSF is using a phased approach to rollout this new functionality for all submission types and eventually Research.gov will replace the current FastLane site.
Key Changes to the NSF Proposal Preparation Process:
(For full, research non-collaborative proposals which would include UofA Fayetteville personnel ONLY)
- Read the instructions in each section carefully as they provide clear direction.
- Accepted file types include: Adobe PDF ONLY
- Times New Roman and Symbol are the only accepted font types with a font size of 11 or larger. Other fonts may be supported in the future.
- All Senior Personnel Documents are now included in the same section:
- Biographical Sketch
- Current and Pending
- Collaborators – You must download the template, follow the instructions and re-upload with your information.
NSF’s goals for the new Research.gov proposal preparation and submission site are to:
- Improve the user experience and modernize the applications
- Increase efficiencies in proposal preparation, submission, and management
- Improve availability, security, and flexibility of proposal preparation and submission systems
Research.gov will allow a registered user with a FastLane or Research.gov account to:
- Initiate full, research non-collaborative proposals (other proposal types are planned for future releases)
- Add Principal Investigators (PIs), Co-PIs, Senior Personnel, and Other Authorized Users
- Create budgets
- Check compliance as you upload the required attachments
Account Management Changes
Effective immediately, NSF has changed their registration process. Research & Sponsored Programs can no longer create your NSF FastLane/Research.gov account. If you are a new user, you will need to go to the Research.gov website to self-register and request a role.
Existing NSF account holders signing in to FastLane or Research.gov are required to verify information to migrate their account to the new system.
The new account management functionality:
- Allows users to create and self-manage accounts, including personal information and role requests
- Eliminates the need for organizational Administrators to create and maintain accounts for their users
- Replaces the existing FastLane and Research.gov account management functions
- As an existing account holder, go to the Research.gov Sign In webpage and sign in to verify your information and migrate your account.
- Go to the NSF ID Lookup page to locate your NSF ID.
- Forgotten passwords for established NSF accounts may be retrieved here.
- Can register directly with NSF through Research.gov at: https://www.research.gov/accountmgmt/#/registration
- How to Register with NSF-Video