Responsible Conduct of Research
Policies & Procedures
- Research and Scholarly Misconduct Policies and Procedures
Conflict of Interest
- 404.0 - Conflict of Interest and Conflict of Commitment, Including Outside Activity
- 404.0 - Form - Appendix A - Related Laws and Policies
- 404.0 - Form - Appendix B - Prior Approval of Outside Employment
- 404.0 - Form - Appendix C - Annual Report on Outside Employment of Faculty & Administrative Staff Members
- 404.0 - Form - Appendix D - Disclosure of Potential Conflict of Interest and Commitment
- 404.0 - Form - Appendix E - Conflict Management Plan Template
- 404.0 - Form - Appendix F - Disclosure of Externally Reimbursed Travel
- 404.0 - Form - Appendix G - Annual Report of Extra Income in Excess of $500
- COI Forms Routing Guidance
- Clarification on Outside Employment During University Breaks and Summer and Intellectual Property
- Office of Research Integrity Policies & Regulations
- Avoiding plagiarism, self-plagiarism, and other questionable writing practices: A guide to ethical writing
- Patricia Keith-Spiegel, Joan Sieber, & Gerald P. Koocher; "Responding To Research Wrongdoing: A User-Friendly Guide; July 8, 2010.
- Gerald Koocher and Patricia Keith-Spiegel, "Peers nip misconduct in the bud,” NATURE, 466: 438-440 (22 July 2010).
- Brian C. Martinson, Melissa S. Anderson, & Raymond de Vries; "Scientists behaving badly;" Nature 435, 737-738 (9 June 2005).
- Mike Rossner and Kenneth M. Yamada, “What's in a picture? The temptation of image manipulation,” Journal of Cell Biology, vol. 166 no. 1, pp. 11-15.
Responsible Conduct of Research Training Series
- RCR Presentation - Authorship and Publication (October 21, 2009) [View Video]
Presenter: Dr. Douglas Adams, Department of Sociology and Criminal Justice. Session 2, Authorship and Publication. Each interactive session covers a different topic on the professional development of graduate students.
- Research Misconduct: Policies and Consequences (November 2011)
Presenter: Rosemary Ruff, Director, Office of Research Compliance. Session 3.
Online training in the Responsible Conduct of Research is available through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI):Students may register at www.citiprogram.org as a person affiliated with the University of Arkansas Fayetteville. Request the RCR Course. There are six modules and each take 30-35 minutes to complete.
- Research Misconduct
- Data Acquisition and Management
- Responsible Authorship
- Collaborative Research
- Conflicts of Interest
RESEARCH COMPLIANCE ALERT
Upcoming RSCP Meetings
IACUC Meeting: Friday, April 6 MLKG 107. Deadline for submitting protocols for review at the meeting is at least seven (7) working days prior to the meeting.
IRB Meeting: Wednesday, March 14 at noon in MLKG 107
IBC Meeting: Thursday, April 19 at 2:15PM in MLKG 107
Export Control Training: Register today for a seat in the 03/02/2018 or 04/04/2018 Export Control Training.