Grant Writing Workshops
|Work is in progress as of Fall 2021 to bring a new grant writing workshop to campus. In the meantime, the resources below may be helpful.|
- Winning Proposals - Understanding the Basics of Federal and Foundation Grants: Examines basics of federal and foundation grants, including the trends in awarded grants, highlighting the importance of and providing strategies to get to know funders, and key elements of project planning. View it here or read the post-webinar brief here.
- Special Cases in Proposal Development: Large-Scale, Multidisciplinary and/or Multi-Organizational Proposals: Shares advanced strategies for guiding the planning of proposals that involve significant numbers of people, capacities, and/or resources and require additional support in the proposal development process. Click here for the recording of the webinar.
- Healthcare Funding Forecasting: This webinar is designed to provide insight into trends in the grant funding world that impact health care institutions. During the webinar, experts from Hanover Research will share new developments and trends in funding patient-centered care delivery, community wellness programs and health care workforce development.
- NIH Grant Proposal Workshop: NIH Proposal Writing Workshop (Recorded 10.9.2014) – Hanover Research, Inc. visited the UA campus to provide grant writing tips to the novice (first 90 min.) and experienced investigator (last 90 min.). Dr. Bryan DeBusk (Hanover) is moderator.
- Finding Research Funding: Confessions of a former NSF program officer (May 29, 2013) – Dr. Cynthia Sagers, Associate Vice Provost for Research, discusses why and how to communicate with your funding agency. View it here.
- Dead Day Proposal Writing Workshop: Grantsmanship Basics for the New Investigator (Dec 13, 2013) – Provides basic information of grant development and submission, including tips
from a successful researcher and navigating RazorGrant.
Following are the available presentations from the workshop:
- NSF CAREER Proposal Writing Workshop: Provides proposal tips, a checklist and timeline for submission to the 2014 NSF CAREER competition. Important materials from the workshop include: