National Medal of Technology and Innovation
“The medal is awarded annually to individuals, teams (up to four individuals), companies or divisions of companies for their outstanding contributions to America’s economic, environmental and social well-being through technology.”
- Self-nominations are not accepted.
- Individuals or teams of individuals from a national laboratory or government agency are acceptable but the agency as a whole is not eligible.
- U.S. citizenship is required for individuals and teams.
- For-profit company and non-profit organization must be U.S.-owned.
- Only living nominations may be made.
- Members of the National Medal of Technology and Innovation Evaluation Committee are not eligible for the award while on the committee and up to three years after service.
- All finalists will be subject to an FBI check.